Introduction video assignment
Step 1: Join Google Classroom
- Sign into your school Google mail account. This must be your school account--Google Classroom will not work with a personal account, as the school pays for your school accounts.
- In Gmail, you should see an email from Ms. Ball inviting you to the class account. Open that email and join the class. This should take you directly to Google Classroom, but if not go to classroom.google.com.
- If you don't have an email, go to classroom.google.com. Once you have signed in on Gmail, type in classroom.google.com to the address bar. You will then be prompted to add a course by clicking "Join Class". Use the codes below for each class.
Google Classroom Class Codes
Period 1: y6mff9
Period 2: 4c3yek4
Period 3: lt17ln
Period 5: su30gd
step 2: create an introduction video
- First, create a free account with Animoto using your school Google account. If for some reason you do not yet have one, use an email account you know you have access to or ask Ms. Ball for assistance.
- Next, take some time to get to know the program. Use this instructional video for help if you need.
- Once you feel ready, you are to create an introductory video like the one done above by Ms. Ball. You are to use text and images (you can also include video clips) to tell your story, answering the question of who you are. You have room to include what you want (PG rated and school appropriate!). Some things to be sure to include are:
- Important information about you: Name, how long you've lived here, etc.
- Family: Siblings, pets, etc.
- Video Requirements
- Must include text along with pictures and/or video
- Video must include music
- Video must be at least 2 minutes in length
- Once you finish creating the video, click the "Preview Video" button, and then once it's playing select the "Produce" option.
- To turn in, select the "Link" option under the "Share" section. Copy and paste this video link to your school Google Classroom assignment account. Find the assignment, and then "add" the "link" option.